This doesn’t mean to just give up, not care at all, it’s just some guidelines so you don’t fall into another person’s sinkhole of bullshit. Anxiety is a huge problem, an epidemic. It sure as hell isn’t good for us epileptics.
- Respect yourself first. No one will respect you if you have to demand it. It also shows your own lack of respect for yourself. You are projecting an air of desperation and sadness when you have to demand this, it shows that you really think you don’t deserve it. It’s like when Jeb Bush asked everyone to clap. oh Jeb! Pathetic, but definitely the funniest shit of the year.
- Know what is worthy of your time, and what isn’t. Things like your own education no matter what your age, family, and correcting bigots on the internet. You decide, but make sure it is something that will help you grow as a person.
- Don’t get caught up on one thing someone said, it really does ruin a day. A day that could have been spent actually earning that respect we talked about in #1. And remember, it’s earned every day not just for one thing you did a long time ago. Get up and keep earning. While you’re at learn something too.
- Think before you speak. An old one, but a true one. The operative word in this being think. Critical thinking skills are far and few between, so use them and exercise your wisdom. You are smart, but when it comes out wrong you sound dumb. Articulate thoughts can be beautiful, funny, and wise. Ask yourself “Is there a better way to say this?”.Others will be more inclined to listen to you if you try.
- If you’re going to openly judge someone, do it wisely. Sounds easy, but it really is hard. This is where critical thinking comes into play. I’ve done my share of judging baby boomers, and you know what, I used critical thinking while doing it. I really should be saying don’t judge, but that’s just not possible. Back it up with facts or don’t say anything at all. You’ll feel better knowing that you are actually correct. FACTS ARE NOT OPINIONS THEY ARE:
a : something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact>
b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
c : a piece of information presented as having objective reality
By doing these 5 things you’ll not only lessen that crippling hate you’ve been holding onto you’ll stop caring about useless shit that others push. And just like that, your fucks given counter will go down to 0. That is right, ZERO.
Zero fucks will be given.
One last tip, don’t fall back on yourself. It takes confidence, and pride to keep wading through the shit filled sink hole others create. So get out of it, look down on it and walk the fuck away, don’t add to it.
And always remember to laugh.
Now, clap! please.